Are you a team player looking to join a championship team that celebrates diversity, creativity and a strong work ethic? Then submit your resume to Altitude Sports & Entertainment. Altitude offers a challenging work environment, competitive health benefits, paid time off, 401K and much more. Just like the teams we cover, we are always looking for ways to add talented players to our roster.
If you think you have what it takes to join the Altitude television family, then send your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.Altitude will keep all solicited resumes on file for up to a year. Non team players need not apply.
ALTITUDE SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
POSITION: BROADCAST ENGINEER VARIABLE HOUR (ON CALL)
CANDIDATE POOL: INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
REPORTS TO: CHIEF ENGINEER
RESUME DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SUBMIT RESUME TO: email@example.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITLES:
- Rapidly assess, troubleshoot and work to correct technical problems and/or employ viable and timely work-arounds to facilitate operational objectives
- Directly assist and support studio operations, productions, post-productions, feed and master control
- Interface and work directly with vendors to coordinate technical processes necessary to facilitate televised events and ongoing channel origination
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace defective equipment.
- Resolve issues through analysis and troubleshooting, fabricating, cabling, and wiring new installs with proper labeling and documentation.
- Daily completion of shift check routines that monitor status and health of facility equipment.
- Maintain broadcast equipment and systems
- Maintains advanced knowledge of video and audio processing and encoding technologies.
- Develops and updates Standard Operating Procedures, Change Configuration Requests, System Diagrams, and other technical documentation for all compression systems and functions.
- Coordinate and assist with maintenance of HVAC, electrical, telephone, broadcast IT and back-up power and data storage systems
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Working knowledge of television production, transmission, measurement and systems
- Working knowledge of the terminology, tools, and processes used in the areas of studio and remote production and broadcast engineering
- Working TV transmitter/RF knowledge
- Ability to work under a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
- Ability maintain professional composure and to provide and apply critical thinking to problem resolution in high stress or time sensitive environments
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance procedures, system documentation, technical manuals, system diagrams, etc.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and must be flexible enough to deal with different technical skill levels, skill sets and a highly dynamic work environment and schedules.
- Ability to deal with concurrent problems and issues effectively.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and accept personal responsibility
- Ability to work any shift as assigned, as dictated by the needs of a 24/7 business
Essential to this position are:
- Knowledge of the operation of Automation, Production Switchers, Conversion, Master Control, Media
- Management, Routing equipment.
- Knowledge of digital and high definition studio equipment, ENG & EFP cameras and gear
- A good working knowledge of Windows operating systems and networked-based computer systems
- Demonstrable customer service and client management skills and experience.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated attitude and excellent personal time management skills.
Advantageous to this position are:
- Video over IP / TVE / OTT knowledge
- Experience with Broadcast IT network architecture and related technology, editing, media file transfer workflows, transcoding, and server based technology.
- Knowledge of Non-Linear editing systems.
- Hands-on, bench-tech and electronics repair experience
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma required; college degree and technical training is preferred.