“DID YOU KNOW” Stevinson Promo2
“DID YOU KNOW” TRIVIA CONTEST
PRESENTED BY STEVINSON AUTOMOTIVE
AND ALTITUDE SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
SPONSORED BY STEVINSON AUTOMOTIVE
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF COLORADO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The “Did You Know” trivia contest presented by Stevinson Automotive (the “Contest”) commences at 7:00 PM MST on September 18, 2013, and ends at 11:59 PM MDT on June 30, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM MDT on June 30. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent(s) relating to the Contest are final.
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of Colorado who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Employees, agents, directors and affiliates of Stevinson Automotive (“STEVINSON AUTOMOTIVE” or “Sponsor”), Altitude Sports & Entertainment, its employees, agents, directors and affiliates (collectively, “Altitude”) the Colorado Avalanche, the NHL and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of Contest (“Contest Entities”), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter Contest. By participating in this Contest, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (d) agree to release and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any and all claims, injury or damages arising out of or relating to participation in Contest and/or the use, misuse or redemption of the Prizes (hereinafter defined), and for any claim including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
4. Contest Overview: A “Did You Know” trivia question will be asked and shown on Altitude during each live telecast of an Avalanche game during the Contest Period, and a “Did You Know” trivia question will be asked during each live Avalanche game radio broadcast by Altitude on Mile High Sports Radio AM 1510 during the Contest Period. One (1) winner per game (hereinafter defined) will be randomly selected from all correct submissions during each Avalanche game. Each selection will include all Eligible Entries (hereinafter defined) received right up to the time of the respective selection. All Eligible Entries not selected during any one drawing will not remain in the pool of entries for any subsequent selection during the Contest Period.
5. To Enter: There is one (1) method of entry: Text Message. Using your mobile phone, submit your entry/answer by texting what is believed to the be correct answer to the trivia question broadcast during the applicable Avalanche game telecast or radio broadcast to “53548”. After entry is received, a text message will be sent to your mobile phonethanking you for your participation or deeming you the winner of the promotion for that night.
In order to submit any entry by text message, entrant must (i) have a plan with a wireless carrier that includes a text messaging service; and (ii) use a wireless device that is capable of two way text messaging. This method of entry may not be available in all areas of the U.S. at all times during the Contest Period. This method of entry may cease to be available to entrant in the event of product, software, coverage or other service changes made by entrant’s wireless carrier. Message and data rates may apply. Please contact your service provider for pricing plans and service availability. Sponsor is not responsible for charges entrants may incur as a result of wireless phone transmissions.
There is a limit of one (1) entryper person per question. If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than one entry, only one (1) entry will count. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning mobile text message entry, the “authorized account subscriber” of the mobile phoneused to participate in Contest at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber for mobile phone entries is defined as the natural person whose name the mobile phone was issued to and to whom the services are billed. In the event a winning account selected is a joint account, a total of one (1) Prize will be awarded in the name of the first-named account holder. Proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of being the authorized account subscriber may be required by Sponsor.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Entries will not be returnedand, other than a return text, receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
The odds of becoming a Contest Winner depend on the total number of Eligible Entries received by each applicable Drawing.
6. Prizes: The Winners (hereinafter defined) will each receive a total of two (2) tickets to a Colorado Avalanche regular season home game at Pepsi Center, with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $190. There will be eighty-five (85) prizes awarded throughout the course of the 2013-14 Colorado Avalanche season, as the promotion started on the September 18, 2013 game and will be played at each game for the rest of the season (85 games total).
The total ARV of all of the Prizes is $16,150.The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded.
Choice of ticket seat locations and game dates to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winners and guests are responsible for all costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein as being awarded, including without limitation, lodging, meals, gratuities and transportation to and from Prize venue. Prize dates are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a Winner is not available or able to accept the Prize, Winner privileges will be terminated and an alternative Winner will be selected in a random manner from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries.
By participating in Contest, Winners grant the right to Sponsor and Altitude to record, videotape and photograph the Winner (“Images”). These Images will be owned by Sponsor and/or Altitude. Sponsor and Altitude and each of their designees shall have the right to use, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, voice, conversation and any other attributes of Winner’s, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, if any, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, promotion or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: There will be eighty-five (85) randomly selected winners from among all of the Eligible Entries as specified in Section 4 herein throughout the designated Contest Period (one winner per game). Each winner will receive a bounce-back text messages declaring them the winner of the “Did You Know” Trivia Contest and that an Avalanche representative will contact them within two business days. Administrator will attempt to contact the potential Winners via the telephone number provided at time of entry. Messages for the winner may be left on voicemails or answering machine systems. If the selected winner fails to get back to the Administrator by the specified date and time, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries.
Winner’s name may also be broadcast on Altitude’s television network and radio network during the second half of the “Did You Know” Trivia Contest feature on air.
8. Winner Verification: The potential Winners may be required to prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence and identity, which may include submitting a copy of a driver’s license, passport or similar government issued identification within two (2) business days of being notified of being a potential Winner. Providing potential Winners are in compliance with the Official Rules, Winners will each be determined to be a (“Winner” and collectively “Winners”). In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Winner will be chosen in a random drawing from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Winner in event that any potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
By participating in Contest, Winners acknowledge that Contest Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that Winners (or any parent or legal guardian acting on behalf of a Winner) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, car, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prizes that Winners deem appropriate.
9. Prize Terms: The dates for fulfillment of the Prizes will be September 2013 through April 2014, but subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize or related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Contest in its sole discretion and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by a Winner. Contest Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prizes. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prize, including, without limitation; transportation, meals, snacks and beverages are solely Winner’s responsibility. Prizes are provided “as is”. Entrants acknowledge that Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including any express warranties provided by a Prize supplier that are sent along with the Prizes and any implied warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Administrator.
The value of the Prizes will be taxable to Winners as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Winner for the actual value of the Prize awarded if the actual value of Prize is over $600. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility.
10. General Terms: Contest Entities are not responsible if Contest cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Contest Entities. If, for any reason Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation,infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Contest or any part of the Contest. If Contest or any part of the Contest is terminated or modified prior to the closing date of the Contest, notice will be posted on altitude.tv and the Prizes will be awarded to potential Winners to be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining uncorrupted applicable Eligible Entries received prior to any such event outside of the reasonable control of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during Contest for clarification purposes.
Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Entities from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant’s participation in Contest and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Contest Entities. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in Contest, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in Contest, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Contest related advertisements. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the awarding of the prize on air, printing of the offer, administration of Contest, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winners,in the announcement of the Prizes and Winners, and the delivery of the Prizes, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, mobile phone,computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer system/softwareor mobile phonerelated to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in Contest. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any entries received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted and any entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of Contest; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Contest Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Contest; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS ATHE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE COLORADO COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF COLORADO SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THESE COURTS.
11. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Winners must be made by June 30 2013. For the name of the Winners and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Pepsi Center; Attention: “Did You Know” presented by Stevinson Automotive, 1000 Chopper Circle, Denver, CO 80204; and (ii) write “Winners List” and/or “Official Rules” on the lower left hand corner of the envelope.
12. Sponsored by: This Contest is sponsored by Stevinson Automotive.
13. Administered by: This Contest is administered by Altitude Sports & Entertainment; 1000 Chopper Circle, Denver, CO 80204